Is your trademark on Amazon?
Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where people can find and discover the widest possible selection of authentic goods. As a customer-focused company, they work hard to earn and maintain customer trust, and they strictly prohibit the sale of counterfeit products. To maintain this trust, they invest tremendous resources as they constantly innovate and improve the ways they detect and prevent counterfeit products from reaching their customers.
Amazon Brand Registry helps you protect your intellectual property and create an accurate and trusted experience for customers on Amazon, but:
Your brands must have a registered and active text or image-based trademark.
“To be eligible for Amazon Brand Registry, your brand must have an active registered trademark in each country where you wish to enroll. The trademark for your brand must be in the form of a text-based mark or an image-based mark with words, letters, or numbers.”
What information is required to enroll a brand in Amazon Brand Registry?
- Brand name that has an active registered trademark.
- The associated government-registered trademark number.
- NOTE: Amazon currently only accept trademarks that have been issued by government trademark offices in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Australia, India, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the European Union.
- A list of product categories (e.g., apparel, sporting goods, electronics) in which your brand should be listed.
- A list of countries where your brand’s products are manufactured and distributed.
Do you want more information on how to set up a proactive IP-strategy? We at Otmore are always up to date with current events in the industry, contact us today and we’re happy to help!